Sunday, June 9, 2013

In Their Words, Pt. 3

Mommy Is Beautiful | Kate Connor
"Because my yoga pants are not indicative of 'letting myself go;' they are my uniform...but it’s important to me that my kids see my yoga pants as a sign of expertise... I want them to know that just as my role isn’t lesser than a business woman’s (or a business man’s), neither are my skills. Neither is my beauty.  
I am not a mess. I am a professional mom – a beautiful one."

Primum Non Nocere - First, Do No Harm | Livesay [Haiti]
"I think most adoptive families (choosing to adopt internationally especially) enter into the process thinking they will be helping a child that desperately needs a family... My struggle is, most of these kids have that family before we arrive. We've not done enough to help their families have other options. We've not invested enough time in educating the birth families; first families frequently don't fully understand what they signed up for, nor do they understand what they can expect in the future."

Our People Are In Darkness | Jacob Borgelt
(Friend and fellow AIM missionary serving in South Sudan)

"...I often wonder if one of the reasons why many churches in the remote areas of Africa struggle is due to a preaching and teaching method geared toward the literate while the majority of people in such areas are strictly oral learners... Though in the past there were challenges that prevented missionaries from remaining with the Laarim of the Boya Hills, the door is now open wide to this unreached area, and I am confident that Christ is going to establish and strengthen His church here."


A look at the REAL “Green Pastures” of the famous Psalm 23. Fascinating. 




Psalm 148... Have you ever sung along with stars and whales? Whoa.

No comments :

Post a Comment