Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Cloud of Witnesses

I've said all along that I cannot and don't want to go into this commitment to serve in Uganda alone. We're meant to live in community, and investing in the lives and futures of Ugandan families is no small task.

I want to take a moment to acknowledge and praise God for the many people who joined with me over the past few months. These are just a few examples of the many faithful who sat with me in discussion and brain-storming. Who offered up gifts and talents on my behalf. Who sacrificed time and resources to advocate for me and build the Kingdom.

These two lovely ladies and incredibly talented musicians hosted a luncheon and violin recital to raise support and spread awareness.



A couple friends offered up their sewing abilities to stitch together some Ugandan fabric and create these beauties.


A preschool student of mine had a lemonade stand one Saturday morning to raise support for Uganda. She sent all the proceeds to me afterward. My heart nearly exploded. Can't you just see God proudly beaming as He looks upon her 4-year-old faith and generosity?

A couple at my church used their technology know-how and artistic talent to create this image for t-shirts and this original painting to bless some lucky donors with.




Some friends approached me with the matching gift offer, which was the beginning of a big miracle and outpouring of grace and love. 

And many of you were praying, praying, praying all the while. All over the world.
In Uganda, a friend of mine said, "I'm going to join you in prayer and we shall testify for a miracle." And testify we will!
Another Ugandan friend, my dear Laura, texted to say, "We were about to have our evening prayers before sleep. We have prayed and He heard." Yes, He did! She didn't have to babble on and on to be heard by God because he knows what we need before we even ask (Matthew 6:7-8). He knows what we're going to say before we even say it (Psalm 139:4) so we can approach His throne in confidence.

...Because God doesn't just hear... He listens.

There are no words to express how deeply grateful I am for your faithful prayers and generous offerings as you advocate for me, support this work, and build God's kingdom in Uganda. I cannot do this without you, and I'm so excited for you to experience this with me!

No comments :

Post a Comment