Thursday, July 28, 2011

Leaving in 6 days...!

What I'm most excited for:
  • Learning Runyankole! It's been awhile since I've learned a new language, and I'm looking forward to the challenge.
  • Meeting the team! I've heard about and have been communicated with many of our team members already, and I'm really looking forward to meeting everyone, learn from them, and see how God is using them to further His kingdom.
  • Bananas! Many of you know how much I love Uganda bananas, and I stand by the fact that until you've tried a banana from Uganda you don't know what a banana is really supposed to taste like. I plan on eating them every day :)
  • Meeting my students! I'm eager to get to know the children and begin developing relationships with the other teachers there, as well. I have so very much to learn about Ugandan schools and education.
  • Living with Kelsea! I'm eager to begin sharing life with her on a daily basis and picking up this dream where we left off.
What I need prayer for:
  • Safe and uneventful travels. Going through customs with so much stuff can be a stressful thing, and  although there aren't usually any problems, it will be a relief when it's all over.
  • Intentionally spending time in prayer and in the Word during our travel over. Satan hates the work that God has called me to and would like to take advantage of my vulnerability.
  • Adjusting to the time change quickly and getting rested (Uganda is 8 hours ahead of CST).
  • A heart and mind that desire to intentionally listen so that I might learn.
  • Health and safety. I realize that getting malaria is a real possibility, but I would rather not! A friend of mine who spent time in Uganda said that the Ugandans told her you're not a "real African" until you've gotten malaria, shed blood, and received an African name. I think I'll be ok if I miss out on the first two initiations :)
  • Raising the last $341 of support so that I can fully invest all of my time, thoughts, and energy in serving in this ministry and adjusting to life in a new country and culture.

No comments :

Post a Comment