Sunday, July 31, 2011

He Did It!

Feeding thousands with 2 fish and 5 loaves.
Turning water into wine.
Allowing Peter, James, and John to catch so many fish their boats began to sink after a long day of catching nothing.
Raising Lazarus from the dead.
Providing 100% of my financial support to serve in Uganda for the year.

Yep! That's right! I'm fully funded, and it is truly a miracle!

Because so many of you have believed in me
...believed that investing in this work and in these children is something worthwhile
...believed in a God who wants to have a saving relationship with those at "the ends of the earth," I am so humbled and amazed to say that all $15,364 have been raised!

THANK YOU!!!

It started out as a looming and seemingly impossible task to raise that kind of money. But then I remember the One whom I serve and the One who is on my side.

His name is Jehovah Jireh, the Lord will provide.
His name is El Shaddai, the Lord Almighty.
His name is Jehovah Shalom, the Lord is Peace.

And suddenly the task it didn't seem so impossible anymore! I became confident that God would fulfill my every need and that I would be fully supported before I left for Uganda. Over the past 8 months, there were times that I prayed without ceasing with full faith in God's abilities, and there were times when I didn't even know how to pray and simply thanked God for knowing my heart and asked others to pray for me.

Before I knew it gifts began pouring in, and thankfulness began flowing out of my heart bringing me to my knees time and time again. Gifts from people who have known me since I was born and from people who I've never met before. Each one of them a blessing to me and to the children and others I'll be serving, working with, and learning from. Each gift served as a reminder that this ministry I'm about to enter is important. Life-changing. Eternal. And that I'm being entrusted with the responsibility of being salt and light in the darkness and reaching out to "the least of these."

I'm beginning to feel the weight of God's glory all over again. For He alone is worthy of all the praise. He alone made it happen. Before I left. Just like I believed He would from day 1 and just like we have been praying for ever since.

This is the work and ministry that God has called me to right now, but this journey is not my own. You have all played an integral part of sending me, and I literally could not have done it without you! Nor could I function effectively throughout the coming year without your prayer support. I'm thankful, in advance, for each prayer on my behalf as well as for the rest of the team and those in our community.
Now to Him who is able to do exceedingly abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that works in us, to Him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus to all generations, forever and ever. Amen.
Ephesians 3:20-21
* "Fully funded" includes counting pledges toward the total percentage. Because I don't actually have all the money in my account yet, please continue to pray that my supporters are still willing and able to give throughout the year!

1 comment :

  1. How exciting Carolyn. He is WORTHY to be praised!! I got on your blog last night and you still needed a little under $200. How absolutely wonderful to check your blog this morning and find that you are fully funded!! Way to have confidence in Him alone to meet your need! I continue to pray for you and Kelsea and your preparations the next few days. Thank you for blessing me with your faithfulness and words through your blog entries. They are an encrouagement to me and I'm sure to others!

    ReplyDelete