Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Release of Rights

We live in a world that is full of rights. Our particular culture is one where we take pride in our rights. As a matter of fact, the rights of individuals are constitutional, but as we see the demanding of individual rights increase, we see much of the moral fiber of our society decrease. Jesus Christ laid down His rights to the heavens and all his glory to become a man and to serve, not to be served.

I must lay down my rights over the coming years in both professional and personal relationships. Not to lay them down for better or for worse, but to entrust them to the Lord and transfer the responsibility of them to a place of safe keeping.

Therefore, I urge you, brothers and sisters, in view of God’s mercy, to offer your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and pleasing to God—this is your true and proper worship.
Romans 12:1

I Give Up My Right To:               I Entrust To God:
A comfortable bed                      My strength and endurance
Having 3 meals a day                  My health and strength
Having familiar foods                   My likes and dislikes of food
Dressing fashionably                   My security in Him
Seeing results                             His purposes and fruit in His timing
Control of myself                         My need for His Spirit's control
Control of others                         His workmanship in others
Control of circumstances            My circumstances to His purposes in making me Christ-like 
Having pleasant circumstances    The privilege of suffering for His sake
Making decisions                         His sovereign hand on my life
Taking offense                             My deepest needs
Being successful                          My security in His love
Being understood                         My reputation
Being heard                                  My need for recognition
Being right                                    My need for His righteousness

No comments :

Post a Comment