Friday, July 5, 2013

Mail Time

After spending a year in Uganda, I can assure you that one of the best feelings is walking up to the post office, opening the tiny P.O. box, and seeing something with your name on it! Whether it's a postcard, an envelope, or a slip of paper indicating a package waiting for you inside, joy abounds every time!

I think every missionary can testify to this. There's nothing like it. If spreading joy is something you like to do, please keep reading. (Yes. That was a blatant effort to convince you to send me mail over the next two years.)

Letters and manila envelopes take anywhere from 1-3 weeks. Packages have been arriving in about 4-5 weeks when everything is running smoothly.

If you're interested, this document explains more details about sending packages to me in Uganda. Opening a package always feels like Christmas... and home.
(This information can also be found on the right sidebar of my blog's home page.)

Now what you've all been waiting for: my Ugandan mailing address!

Carolyn Smellie
P.O. Box 547
Mbarara, Uganda
East Africa

On a similar note, I have fairly regular internet access in Mbarara, so please also feel free to send emails, Facebook messages, or set up a time to Skype. I will also have a phone that makes texting and calling a very convenient and affordable way to communicate. 

I can't stress enough how important it is to me to stay in contact with you all! I love you, care about you, and appreciate those notes "from home" more than you can imagine.

1 comment :

  1. You should just go and put all my letters in your PO box!!! Almost just as good!

    ReplyDelete