Friday, June 24, 2011

Faith Like a Child

I have a friend. A sweet, hilarious, and darling friend.
Her name is Kenna, and she just turned 5.
She loves Jesus in a real, engaging, and whole-hearted way.
She cares for people and has a heart for those who are less fortunate.
Satan already sees Kenna as a mighty force against his terrible, dirty work.

As I was walking away from her family's house for the last time in awhile, Kenna gave me a commissioning I'll never forget:
"Bye! Have fun in Africa!"

Sweet. Simple. Beautiful.

I believe that Kenna is a perfect example of what it is to have faith like a child. God has an incredible plan for her life, for His little, pinkalicious princess! She has blessed me through laughter, prayers, and by consistently asking her mom if "today is the day that Carolyn leaves for Africa." I covet her sincere, heart-felt prayers as I go off to "have fun in Africa," so I made her this prayer booklet.








I covet your prayers, as well!
My ministry is nothing, has no foundation, without them.
God tells us in that He is ready to perform his word (Jer. 1:12 ) and whatever you ask in prayer, you will receive, if you have faith (Matt. 21:22).
That is a promise I'm claiming.

**Check out my prayer requests page for some more specific ways you can be praying for me and the team of missionaries already serving in Mbarara!

No comments :

Post a Comment