Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Interview with Dade

Name: Dade Michael Skinner
Age: 8...almost 9!

Described himself as... tough, happy, nice, handy, flexible, smart, funny, friendly

2nd grade self portraits

What do you love most about living in Uganda? Having my pets (3 dogs, 2 cats). I love them so much.

What do you miss most about the USA? My family. I like going to parks, and they watch me play.

What is your favorite place to go in Uganda? In Mbarara? My favorite place in Uganda is Queen Elizabeth. I like seeing the animals and going on the boat ride. The lions and elephants are my favorite. My favorite place to go in Mbarara is the waterfalls. There are rocks you can play on, and they're pretty to see.

What advice would you give to people coming to visit Uganda? Bring tennis shoes to run around in until your feet get tough like mine and Dara's. Also, expect bumpy roads.

What are your hobbies? Building forts, climbing trees, and playing outside.

What do you hope to be when you grow up? Maybe a construction worker because I love to build forts so much, so maybe it would be fun to build big buildings.

If you could create the perfect meal, what would it be? Cici's cheese pizza, bread sticks, Coldstone chocolate ice cream with brownies, chocolate milk, and hot chocolate.

What's your least favorite food? Vegetable stew.

What's it like to be homeschooled? Fun because I can be right there for lunch and with my family right when I'm done. And I don't have to be dropped off. I just go to my room.

How would you describe 2nd grade? Wonderful. I like to be learning more new things.

What's one thing you'd like to learn how to do? Learn how to make a giant fort that's as long as half of my room. Then my room would be half fort, half school room.

The important thing about Dade is... he's one of a kind.

No comments :

Post a Comment