Wednesday, October 3, 2012

One Thing Remains

This very week last year I was writing about living in a place where it's always summer. I was missing some of my favorite things about autumn but thoroughly enjoying the benefits of living on the equator. Now I'm back in the Midwest of the United States, and autumn is in full swing. Trees are changing colors, pumpkin flavored beverages and treats are back, apples are picked, and I don't leave the house in the morning without a warm jacket.

Fall is officially my favorite season. There's something about sunshine filtered through orange leaves on the backdrop of a cerulean blue sky that makes me breathe more deeply. Makes my heart soar with gratitude.


Gratitude for the blazing reminder of God's steadfast love.
That He is who He is.
Always.

This fall, the changing of the season serves as a reminder to me that my God never changes.
He was,
and He is,
and He is yet to come.


"'Though the mountains be shaken and the hills be removed,
yet my unfailing love for you will not be shaken
nor my covenant of peace be removed,'
says the LORD, who has compassion on you."
Isaiah 54:10


The brilliant oranges, yellows, and reds that cover the trees also remind me that through death comes life. As the trees surrender the last of their leaves, so must we fully surrender our hearts and lives. It's through surrender that we find freedom.Through dying to ourselves that we find life.


This fall I will remember that in the midst of ever-changing circumstances, God never changes. His deep and steady love for us remains. As the trees are falling asleep for a season, let us be renewed and...

Pinned Image

No comments :

Post a Comment