Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Home Again

After a crazy 48 hours of traveling, including a quick overnight stop at the new AIM headquarters in Georgia, I'm home in Iowa City. I'm slowly but surely getting unpacked and organized and spending time with dear friends who are still around.

It's actually not very weird to be back. A year went way more quickly than I could've imagined, and it seems like I was just here! Life in Uganda is simply very different than it is here in the States, and I appreciate aspects of living in both places. But there are some things that I'm extra thankful for and enjoying more than usual. Right now I'm loving...
  • berries and peaches
  • free drinking water at restaurants
  • my very soft bed and great pillows
  • fast internet
  • breakfast cereals... Although who am I kidding? Cereal is wonderful any time of day!
  • soft water
  • wearing clothes that I actually like
  • good coffee
  • a washing machine that finishes in half an hour! While we were incredibly blessed to have a washing machine at our house in Uganda, it didn't clean clothes very well, it took 2-3 hours to do one load, and it would often just stop half way through a cycle. Today I actually walked into the laundry room to check on the machine because I didn't hear it washing. Turns out it was done already! Amazing!

1 comment :

  1. Love this...I'm looking forward to all these things some day!

    ReplyDelete