Sunday, December 2, 2012

A Version of Psalm 23

The Lord is my pace setter…I shall not rush
He makes me stop for quiet intervals
He provides me with images of stillness which restore my serenity.
He leads me in the way of efficiency through calmness of mind 
and his guidance is peace.
Even though I have a great many things to accomplish each day, 
I will not fret, for his presence is here.
His timelessness, his all importance will keep me in balance.
He prepares refreshment and renewal in the midst of my activity by 
anointing my mind with his oils of tranquility.
My cup of joyous energy overflows.
Truly harmony and effectiveness shall be the fruits of my hours 
for I shall walk in the Pace of my Lord 
and dwell in his house forever.

(from Japan, quoted in Having a Mary Heart in a Martha World by Joanna Weaver)

No comments :

Post a Comment