Tuesday, November 13, 2012

It's Official

Last week, I traveled down to Peachtree City, Georgia to spend five days at the Africa Inland Mission U.S. office. I was attending Candidate Week, which was the next step in the process of becoming a full member of AIM.


Honestly, it was a very long and tiring week with late nights, early mornings, and constant training sessions and meetings. Fortunately, the supply of coffee was endless, and it was a joy to spend time with the other people attending Candidate Week. Many of them were missionary kids (MKs) in Africa or have spent significant time in Africa already, so there was plenty to learn from one another and incredible stories about how God brought each of us to this point in our lives.


(I have a beautiful photo of all who attended Candidate Week, but unfortunately I can't share it with you. Many of these wonderful people desire to live among unreached people groups in Africa or in countries that currently don't welcome missionaries or the Gospel.)

On Friday morning, I was given the official word that I have been accepted as a full member of Africa Inland Mission! All the glory goes to God.

This is exciting news, but it also means that I'm about to step back into support-raising. A daunting task that requires a lot of time, energy, and endless faith! Please join with me in praising the Lord for his faithfulness and in prayer as I continue on this journey of returning to Uganda


No comments :

Post a Comment