Sunday, September 8, 2013

By the Numbers

4 |  weeks that I've been in Mbarara since returning

22 |  team members we will have on the ground by the end of this month

7 |  teammates that are children

13 |  minutes it takes me to walk to town from my apartment

2,500 |  Ugandan shillings (UGX) to the American dollar

6 |  passion fruit received for 1,000 UGX

making juice

1,000 | UGX for a boda ride to town

5 |  times a day I hear the Mu$lim call to prayer

100 | percent of the time I can predict if the dark, storm clouds will rain on us or not... our rain always comes from the east.

7 |  o'clock is when the sun sets here... all year round

1 |  airstrip in the area

0 |  planes that land there

2 |  lanterns I have on hand


48 | hours power has been off this weekend (and hopefully not any longer...)

1 | time water has gone out in my apartment (so thankful this number isn't higher)

4 | single ladies in our apartment complex...friends!



No comments :

Post a Comment