Tuesday, January 3, 2012

In 2011, I...

  • Had the pleasure of helping begin a mid-week children’s ministry at my church in the Twin Cities
  • Worked alongside inspiring teachers dedicated to the profession and completed my student teaching
  • Was challenged to the core as I learned to trust in God’s provision and perfect timing
  • Graduated college, summa cum laude, with a degree in early childhood education and a minor in Biblical studies
  • Celebrated as two wonderful and dear friends got married to love of their lives
  • Was humbled as I saw God provide 100% of my financial support for the coming year
  • Got to meet a dear friend's brand new baby
  • Went to New York City for the first time
  • Moved to Mbarara, Uganda to serve with Africa Inland Mission
  • Started learning a new language
  • Experienced teaching in a typical Ugandan school
  • Discovered the joys of homeschooling
  • Learned to negotiate prices in the market and around town
  • Rode a motorcycle nearly every day for 4 and a ½ months
  • Developed friendships with teammates who continually keep me laughing
  • Cooked meals completely from scratch most nights of the week
  • Went without electricity in our home for 20 days straight
  • Developed a love for local food, especially passion fruit and chai
  • Added lots of new words to my everyday vocabulary, like “air time,” “generator,” “transformer,” “petrol,” and “load shedding.”
  • Went to Rwanda for the first time
  • Celebrated Thanksgiving and Christmas away from my family for the first time
  • Went to the pool and picked produce from the garden in December
  • Gained a bigger and more realistic view of world missions and what it means to “be a missionary”
It was a wonderful year full of adventures, learning, and new experiences that have helped shape me into the person God is creating me to be. I'm looking forward to 2012 and all that it will hold knowing that my God doesn't change and that He will continue to be faithful to complete this work that He has started in me!

No comments :

Post a Comment