Friday, April 15, 2011

A Friend for Life

See this beautiful girl right here?
Her name is Kelsea, and she is dear to my heart.
She shares my passion for Uganda, and her life reflects the love of Jesus.
God has given her a heart for teens and for teaching.
But the news that I've been so eagerly waiting to share with you is that Kelsea is also going to be serving as a missionary in Mbarara in the coming year!

I've mentioned before that the recurring theme I've seen in my life over the past few years has been God's faithfulness, and everything about my friendship with Kelsea exemplifies yet another story of God's provision and blessing. We met on our trip to Uganda in 2008 and have maintained a sweet friendship since then.

Although God has taken us on very different journeys over the past 3 years, He saw fit to grow our friendship, maintain our passions for Uganda, and open and close just the right doors to bring us to this point of shared ministry for the sake of His glory and advancement of the Kingdom.


She is a gifted writer and has a way with words, so you'll definitely want to check out and keep up with her blog http://www.aboundingbeauty.blogspot.com/

I have no doubt that God is not done surprising us and is about to take us on the journey of a lifetime! But there are few people that I would rather share this experience with than Kelsea.

1 comment :

  1. Carolyn,
    Your beautiful friend has made an impact in my life as I have watched her seek God's will in her life and how she has allowed God to continually transform her. I am excited that His plan, included you and Kelsea serving Him together again. Great things in His name will be done. Like I told Kelsea, I am placing you and her before the Throne in your preparation of this amazing journey God has you and her on!
    Blessings! -Lu

    ReplyDelete